Quotes and Anecdotes
“Today’s church cannot remain faithful if it tolerates false teachers and leaves their teachings uncorrected and unconfronted.” – Albert Mohler
The Bile is not an option; it’s a necessity. You cannot grow spiritually strong without it. – Billy Graham
False teaching is easily identified by the fact that it is willingly recieved by all, and is to everyone’s liking. – John Calvin
“A time will come when instead of shepherds feeding the sheep, the Church will have clowns entertaining the goats” – Charles H. Spurgeon
“A cheap Christianity without a cross, will prove in the end, a useless Christianity, without a crown” – J.C. Ryle
“Prosperity cannot be proof of God’s favour for it is what the devil promises to those who worship him” – John Piper
CULTIC VIEWS OF JESUS
1. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormons) — Brother of Lucifer. One of several gods created by the super god, Adam, an exalted man.
2. Jehovah’s Witnesses — Michæl the Archangel.
3. The Unification Church (Moonies) — Jesus was only a spiritual redeemer who failed to provide the physical redemption that the new messiah, Reverend Moon will supply.
4. The World Wide Church of God (Armstrongites) — Jesus is viewed as part of a Godhead that is open to perfected men. (See note at the end of this article.)
5. The Way International — Jesus was a created being who was sent by God to die for the sins of Man.
6. The Unitarian Church — Jesus was just a good moral man.
7. The Mind Sciences (Christian Science, Religious Science, Unity, Theosophy, etc.) — Jesus is viewed as only a man who manifested the Christ potential that resides in each person. One spiritist group has referred to Jesus as “a medium of the sixth sphere of the astro-projection”!
The Baker and the Farmer
A baker in a little country town bought the butter he used from a nearby farmer. One day he suspected that the bricks of butter were not full pounds, and for several days he weighed them.
He was right. They were short weight, and he had the farmer arrested.
At the trial the judge said to the farmer, “I presume you have scales?”
“No, your honor.”
“Then how do you manage to weigh the butter you sell?” inquired the judge.
The farmer replied, “That’s easily explained, your honor. I have balances and for a weight I use a one-pound loaf I buy from the baker.”
Moral of the story: In life, you get what you give. Don’t try and cheat others.
Giving to God
The Junior Sunday School Teacher asked her eight eager 10 year-olds if they would give a $1,000,000 to the missionaries.
“Yes!” they all screamed!
“Would you give $1,000?” Again, they shouted “YES!”
How about $100?” “Oh, yes we would!” they all agreed!
“Would you just give a dollar to the missionaries?” she asked.
The boys exclaimed, “Yes!” just as before, except for Johnny.
“Johnnie,” the teacher said as she noticed the boy clutching his pocket, “Why didn’t you say ‘yes’ this time?” “Well,” the boy stammered, “I have a dollar!”
God Make Me A TV
Students at an elementary school were asked to write an essay about what they would like God to do for them. At the end of the day, while grading the essays, a teacher read one that made her very emotional.
Her husband, who had just walked in, saw her crying and asked her “What happened?” She answered “Read this. It is one of my school’s students’ essays.”:
“Oh God, tonight I ask you something very special. Make me into a television set. I want to take its place and live like the TV in my house.
Have my own special place, and have my family around me. To be taken seriously when I talk. I want to be the center of attention and be heard without interruptions or questions.
I want to receive the same special care as the TV set receives even when it is not working. Have the company of my dad when he arrives home from work, even when he is tired. And I want my mom to want me when she is sad and upset, instead of ignoring me. And I want my brothers to fight to be with me.
I want to feel that family just leaves everything aside, every now and then, just to spend some time with me. And last but not least, ensure that I can make them all happy and entertain them. Lord I don’t ask you for much. I just want to live like a TV.”
At that moment the husband said “My God, poor kid. What horrible parents!” The wife looked up at him and said “That essay is our son’s!